Read these seven quotes to calm the mind and create inner peace.
1. “Take a deep breath. Get present in the moment and ask yourself what is important this very second.” –Greg McKeown
2. “A calm mind releases the most precious capacity a human being can have: the capacity to turn anger into compassion, fear into fearlessness, and hatred into love.” –Eknath Easwaran
3. “Be calm, even finding yourself in a difficult and confusing situation: it will not affect you if your mind is unfazed.” –Dalai Lama
4. “Breathing in, I calm body and mind. Breathing out, I smile. Dwelling in the present moment I know this is the only moment.” –Thich Nhat Hanh
5. “Do everything with a mind that lets go. Don’t accept praise or gain or anything else. If you let go a little you a will have a little peace; if you let go a lot you will have a lot of peace; if you let go completely you will have complete peace.” –Ajahn Chah
6. “Right now you feel that if you can cherish twenty ideas at a time, then you are the wisest man on earth. The more thoughts that enter into our minds, the more clever we feel we are. But in the spiritual life it is not like that. If consciously we can make the mind calm and quiet, we feel that a new creation dawns inside us.” –Sri Chinmoy
7. “To experience peace does not mean that your life is always blissful. It means that you are capable of tapping into a blissful state of mind amidst the normal chaos of a hectic life.” –Jill Bolte Taylor
You might also like to read, Mindfulness for Beginners.