Your mini basket

There are no products in your basket.

Free shipping over £30


I Have Sensitive Skin, Can I Wear Your Jewellery?


Looking for affirmation jewellery but have sensitive skin? Look no further than Soul Analyse for jewellery that is kind to both your skin and your soul. Our affirmation jewellery uses metals known for their hypoallergenic qualities.

What metals cause skin allergies?

When it comes to jewellery, there’s nothing more disappointing than excitedly donning your newly-bought necklace only to come out in a rash within half an hour. 

If you’ve ever experienced itchy or swollen skin after wearing your favourite jewellery, or even green knuckles after removing your rings, then you know how jewellery can irritate.

This is your body having an allergic reaction to the metals or alloys (metal mixes) used in jewellery. The main culprit is nickel – the skin’s nemesis! Nickel is a common cause of skin irritation, though occasionally zinc is also not so skin-friendly either. 

It’s a misconception that cheap, costume jewellery is always the problem, because golds and silvers can irritate too. However, costume jewellery typically uses base (non-precious) metals like nickel, copper and zinc in high quantities. 

Hypoallergenic affirmation jewellery

We want you to be able to enjoy our affirmation jewellery without the fear of painful allergic reactions, so here at Soul Analyse we only stock nickel-free, hypoallergenic jewellery made from stainless steel.

Stainless steel is often used in surgical instruments because it’s corrosive-resistant. It’s also an oft-chosen metal for jewellery because of its durability. Generally, stainless steel contains very low levels of nickel – which enables jewellery that uses it to be classified as hypoallergenic. 

However, it’s important to be aware that there are different grades of stainless steel. Sometimes, even those that contain trace amounts of nickel can cause reactions in people with hypersensitive skin.

Because of this, we only specifically use nickel-free stainless steel in our affirmation jewellery. 

What other metals are ok for sensitive skin?

Affirmation Jewellery product photography

As a rule, the purer the metal, the less chance of an allergic reaction. As previously mentioned, stainless steel (particularly surgical-grade or guaranteed nickel-free) is a good option. 

Otherwise, opt for platinum and titanium which are known for their high purity levels. 

Gold and silver jewellery, no matter how high the karat count, is usually alloyed with other metals. This is because gold and silver alone are too soft to be used as jewellery. Gold over 14k is regarded as safe allergy-wise and the same is true for sterling silver – which is 92.5% silver (with the remaining 7.5% typically being copper). However, it’s always best to ask if you’re not sure or if you know you have particularly sensitive skin. 

Additionally, beware of jewellery that masquerades as silver or gold but is in fact a base metal coated in gold or silver. This may be fine initially, but over time the silver or gold plating might wear away leaving your skin exposed to irritants in the base metal.

Our affirmation jewellery uses gold and silver coatings – but over stainless steel metal. And we are always up front about the metals we use. 

Shop all of Soul Analyse’s affirmation jewellery here.  

Share this article

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Articles

You deserve to live a happy purposeful life


2024 The Year of YOU

Read More

How Making Friends With My Body Changed The Game For Me

Read More

What is Lucky Girl Syndrome and How Can I Use It?

Read More

Five Remarkable Life Lessons John Lennon Taught Us

Read More

Affirmations Not Working? Perhaps You're Missing The Key Ingredient

Read More

What Is the Hamsa and Why Is It Worn on Jewellery?

Read More


You can sit with us!

We promise to make you feel good, as well as give you some really decent offers and gifts straight to your inbox.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.